Seeing Spots, Stripes & Trumpets with Conservation Experts
Discover Kenya’s rich wildlife and its diverse cultures with Rupi Mangat, a third generation local and a leading Kenyan travel writer who lives in this tropical paradise on the Equator, the denizen of big game – elephants and rhino; lions, leopards and cheetahs; and mighty raptors that soar the skies.
Rupi is partnering with Doni Belau, creator of Girls Guide to Paris and Ibis Tours Kenya.
- Luxury Safari in three diverse game parks
- Seeing Africa’s big game in the wild, it’s a lot different than the zoo!
- Study Wildlife with three important female biologist and conservationists
- Stay in two unique tented camps, one which is frequented by Elephants
- Visit a unique African village started by women as a sanctuary for homeless women and abuse survivors
- See the Samburu 5, rare endemic animals only found in this particular arid ecosystem.
- Stay in a historic Nairobi hotel where Teddy Roosevelt once slept
- Meet and learn from the founder about Beads for Education, an organization helping Maasai girls get an education
- Have a cocktail on a roof-deck with a panorama of marshlands and Africa’s highest mountain, Kilimanjaro
- Visit with the local Maasai and Samburu tribes in their villages
- Indulge in mouth-watering international as well as local cuisine
Imagine waking up every day to a saffron sun rising over the savannah plains teeming with wildlife. Kenya’s tapestry of sweeping grasslands, arid plains and lush swamps with snow-topped mountains is home to spectacular life.Contemplate watching elephants under the gaze of the snow-capped Kilimanjaro and ending the day with a game drive to catch the ‘golden light’. This specially curated safari is for you to be awed by Africa’s big game as well as dynamic scientists – all women – who have pioneered research projects that give you a front seat view of African life in the 21st century with the hope of survival thanks to scientists and people who have dedicated their lives to it.
All camps are luxurious with en suite baths and toilets, spas, swimming pools and gourmet meals.
More on our Host, Rupi Mangat
Rupi is a travel writer with a particular concentration on wildlife conservation and sustainability. She is 3rd generation Kenyan who has been on safari countless times since she started writing professionally in 1998. She works with the Wildlife Clubs of Kenya as the editor of Komba, the magazine to promote wildlife conservation amongst schoolchildren. With her strong connections with conservation organizations like Beads for Education, Grevy’s Zebra Trust and the Mara MeruCheetah Project which are not-for-profits we’ll be spoiled with the opportunity of meeting with the leaders of these key groups giving you an insiders view of their amazing and often challenging world.